At Little Birds Preschool – We are centered around state preschool and kindergarten standards. In many cases, I will be teaching curriculum at a level higher than kindergarten learning. The following is a list of standards that will be met throughout the year:
– Listening and Following Instruction
– Working collaboratively with others
-Developing organizational skills
-Following verbal instructions
-Expressing feelings and emotions
-Comprehending oral language forms
-Developing expressive language through speaking
-Increasing vocabulary development
-Developing understanding of printed language
-Developing alphabet knowledge
-Demonstrating speech and sound awareness
-Using emergent writing for a variety of purposes
-Understanding simple number concepts and operations
-Identifying patterns to represent mathematical situations
-Creating simple geometric shapes
-Developing fine and gross motor coordination
A FEW PRESCHOOL DETAILS
1. A monthly calendar updating parents on what is ahead for the next month will be given out the first class day of each month.
2. For another look at all of our fun, Parents can visit our Facebook Page for daily class updates. (If you are opposed to pictures of your child online, please let me know).
3. Students are supplied with everything they need in our classroom, including all art supplies, take home folder for “homework”, crafts supplies, pencils, etc. Please send a backpack with your student to bring home any projects and their folder, and a re-usable cup they can leave here for the year.
4. We will highlight one student a week starting in September. Students can make an “All About Me” poster at home. They then bring it to share with the class during their “Student Spotlight” week. They will be the teacher helper, and be allowed to bring their favorite treat to share during their spotlight week as well! At the end of their week, they can keep their special poster.
5. We will have 2 parent preschool days throughout the year. This is an opportunity for parents to come and for students to “show off” what they have learned! One will be held at Christmas time, and the other will be at the end of the year for “Preschool Moving Up & Graduation”.
6. We will follow our schedule along with the Tooele County School District Calendar. Our Classes for 4 year olds will be every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00AM – 11:00AM and 12:00PM – 2:00 PM beginning in September.
7. Fall Break will be in October. Thanksgiving Break and Christmas Break will coincide with the respective holidays. Winter Break will be from the last class day before Christmas to the first week in January. Spring Break will be in March or April, and Preschool Moving Up Ceremony/Graduation will be in mid-May.
Little Birds Preschool is fully compliant with all State of Utah rules, regulations and exemptions for In-Home Preschools. A Tooele County Business License, and a State of Utah Business License are available upon request.
Little Birds Preschool is a current support member of the Tooele County Chamber of Commerce, and the Utah Association for the Education of Young Children.
Because this is Preschool, Not Day Care, I do not give out my Social Security Number for Tax purposes.